Wed, July 28: Matchy Matchy

Chambray Top:  Left at our house by a neighbor  I  Skirt:  Banana Republic  I 
Belt:  Jenaveve found in the hall  I  Pumps:  H&M
Photos:  CWS'z Droid  :  Picnik Effect:  HDR-ish
Location:  Bushwick Gas Station

So, since I didn't have time to snap pics earlier in the day, I had CWS take pics at the gas station as I was pumping my last $20 into the tank.


OK - I hate doing laundry.   Even though we have a laundry room in the building, the dryers are super janky and charge you $2 for 2 minutes of air time. THEN I have to hang all my clothes in my living room/kitchen, which just means my they end up getting bacon grease all over them.  Not that clothes covered in bacon grease is a bad thing.  But, I don't know, I guess some people find it gross.  So anyway, lately I've been taking my clothes around the corner and dropping them off.  Unfortunately, since I haven’t done laundry in 30 (+15) days, I had to enlist the help of my handsome fella to help me carry one of the 2 large bags.  Yikes!   As we were waiting for the lady to weigh my 75lbs of laundry (JK, it wasn’t that much. Ok, fine, maybe it was.) I spotted some magazines off to the side and started rifling through.  And then I saw it.  The June/July issue of Esquire magazine, featuring ME on the cover!  In the same outfit I was actually wearing right then and there!  OMG look, look!  It's me!  How did that hap... Oh wait. No, that’s not me. That’s Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise wearing basically the exact same outfit as me.   Damit.

I don’t know about you, but I’m positive if we were to see a full body shot, he’d be wearing coral pumps as well.   Positive.




One more thing. This outfit makes me think of Tom Waits. I think it might be the kind of 'blue collar', 'rosie the riveter' vibe it's giving off.

I heart Tom Waits. Ole 55 is my fav. All time fav:


X to the O

1 comment:

T said...

So cute - love the pop of color with the shoes!