Fri, July 30: Remember the Maine, To Hell With Spain!

Dress:  Target  I  White Top:  GAP  I  Necklace:  H&M  I  Shoes:  Bass  I 
Shades:  H&M  I  Diesel Belt:  Jenaveve found in the hall
Photos:  Tommy Chilcoat  I  Picnik Effect:  Cross Process/various shades
Location:  Columbus Circle




So Tom and walked over to Columbus Circle at lunch today 1) to try and work off our cheechos, b) for pics and 3) to hit up the Whole Foods. Since Senor Columbus and his lady pilgrims were super crowded, we ran ran ran across the traffic circle to pose in front of the Maine Monument at Merchants Gate (and ALL the tourists). This thing is really quite beautiful. I've been up there so many times, but never really stopped to look at it.  My favorite part, besides this naked guy, is the top piece. That bronze chick (Lady Columbia Triumphant) in her fancy seashell chariot and three sea horses is rad.   PLUS I just learned that the piece is actually cast in bronze recovered from the guns of the Maine itself.  Gnarly, right?   Look at that.  It's not  all shoes and accessories around here.  No, here you learn stuff about life and history in additon to the skirts and shoes.  AND we look at stuatues of naked men.   Basically, all the important stuff.  But never math. 


1 comment:

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Killer shots! I really love what your did with these photos. So artistic.

Thanks for your recent comment on G&G about the IFB Blogger Spotlight. I really appreciate it.

♥ V

http://www.gritandglamour.com