Whole Lotta Woman

 Dress:  Thrift  I HEART PIN & Bracelet:  Gma  I  Heels:  H&M

This is my Joan dress.   You know Joan, the busty broad from Mad Men.  We all love Joan.   But you know whats better than loving her?  Buying a dress like this so you can pretend to BE  her.    I seriously feel like a WHOLE LOTTA woman in this dress.   Seriously.   I kind of intimidated myself today.   Anyway, Jenaveve was actually the one that pulled it from the rack for me.   Girl has an eye!  And look at that back detail!  Not to mention the color and quality of this dress, which are beyond amazing.  I feel like the only thing missing is a cigarette and glass of whiskey.  I'll be right back...

Also - the HEART PIN!  My grandmother has been making these pins for as long as I can remember.  Well, the originals were crocheted.  Hearts for Valentines Day.   Wreathes, Trees & Santa Faces for Christmas.  Pumpkins for Halloween.  Shamrocks for St. Pats. Day.  Etc, etc.  Then a few years ago, she started doing them in SEQUINS!  I know.  brilliant.  Anyway, this year I got greedy and asked for a GIANT red one.  Before, she only made them the size of the smaller lavender heart you see above.  I couldn't believe it when I opened the envelope about a month later to find my giant red heart.   Not only did she make exactly what I wanted, she made it a bit more special, and put a smaller lavender heart in there.  Man I love that woman. 

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ohhh Grandma never fails! That pin is the perfect addition to this AMAZING DRESS. OH MY STARS it looks awesome on you. VA VA VOOM. Jealous, as always.

Danielle said...

As soon as I saw those pics, I thought 'She looks like a modern Joan!' and then I read your post! haha great minds think alike!