Fishnets and The Queen



OK – I’m definitely inspired by women (and men) and their personal style – I can’t tell you how many hours I spend browsing through fashion blogs on weardrobe.com (not at work of course, psh.) Right, so remember awhile back (Tuesday) when I did a post on Nancy’s outfit? Well this next post is going to be on Nancy’s best friend Pam. She and her husband recently attended the Royal Ascot where she may or may not have 'hob-nobbed' with the Queen.  I’ve only met Pam once and that was like….2 years ago when she visited from London, so I can’t really give you a first hand observation. However, what I DO know, is that she and Nancy, and their respective husbands, travel to Italy a lot, solely to drink wine and shop. ‘Nuf said.



Okay, so enter Pam’s email to Nancy regarding this blog. I think you'll agree with me that her words speak for themselves, and they are telling us that Pam is awesome:

Hi Nance, will try to send phone photos, but in advance, some descriptions ....
Despite what you see on the news, Ascot is not about tacky hats and tarty cocktail dresses, it is one of the most conservative events of the Season and proper girls dress in respect of the institution. Royal Enclosure dress code, albeit relaxed in recent years, is about modesty, and although I may not be very "fashionable" today, I don't think I'm "frumpy" either.

I'm in recessionista vintage (meaning I haven't bought anything new this year).

At tea time (abouy 6 pm, after the last race) when the temperatur is 50 and the wind comes up, I will be accessorizing my look with aa cream down gilet (Max Mara), a pale green pashmina with matching beaded trim and thermal ski silks (lond underwear) rolled up above my knees so they won't show under my dress. No rain is predicted, so no macs, brollies, wellies needed today.

More reporting later, with pics xxx
Hi Nance, will try to send phone photos, but in advance, some descriptions ....





Dress:  Badgley Mischka, rose-painted silk dress with matching coat (note shoulders covered)
Shoes: navy Gina "Princess Di" style, grosgrain and suede
Hat: Hardy Aimes pink straw hat with roses
Pocketbook:  Anya Hindmarch
Primark fishnets: to add an "edge", 3rd pair as puppy has shredded two others this morning getting dressed. I lied about nothing new, these are new but at 3 pairs for £2, not an investment
Lace gloves: in case I accidentally rub up against the Queen
South Sea pearls: from another time and place, on their annual outing It's going to be one of the hottest days of the year - 68 predicted !!
David is wearing: the typical male attire of morning coat (long tails) and striped trousers, a hat, waistcoat, cornflower (school flower), not much choice for guys except in hat (grey or black) and waistcoat (colours, bunblebee prints, etc )


"I'm in recessionista vintage (meaning I haven't bought anything new this year)." How great is that? I've officially adopted the term reccessionista vintage. Check my tags as proof. Done. Oh, and HELLO Badgley Mischka dress and coat!! Love it.


"Primark fishnets to add an 'edge'." An Edge!! She's chilling with the Queen while wearing fishnets. Be still my heart.

I don't have a picture of this, because Pam is a lady, but "At tea time (abouy 6 pm, after the last race) when the temperatur is 50 and the wind comes up, I will be accessorizing my look with a cream down gilet (Max Mara), a pale green pashmina with matching beaded trim and thermal ski silks (lond underwear) rolled up above my knees so they won't show under my dress. No rain is predicted, so no macs, brollies, wellies needed today. " This is my favorite paragraph EVER. I love every single word in it. This is the perfect example of a well dressed, classy, hip woman who is incredibly down to earth and practical.

So in closing: The hat! The dress! (love), the gloves! the husband in his top hat and tails!!! Can't beat it. So thank you Pam, for sharing your awesomeness with us. Keep it coming.


No comments: