I heart Dolly Parton




Dress: Thrifted - Atlantis on Metropolitan
Shoes: BCBG
Hot Pink Lipstick: Kat Von D for Sephora in Backstage Bambi
Gold Bracelet: Gma!!!
Bracelet 2: Bacall's Collar
Belt: Head Scarf
Leopard Shades: H&M



( CHEESE! No Carbs! Whoot. )





This is my Nine to Five dress. When I saw it at the thrift shop on Metropolitan I knew immediately that a) it would fit me and b) I would need to get a boob job, stat. And sure enough, every time I wear it I feel like Doralee, or Judy, or Violet. But really, Doralee, cause, who DOESN'T want to be Dolly Parton as any character, let alone herself? Anyway, the dress is so gloriously late 1970s -early 80's, with the ruffled collar and full skirt hanging loosely around mid-calf. Sorry there aren't detail shots, (or squint at escalator shot) but the dress has little white polka-dots! Love!! I ALSO love that it's slightly see through. I definitely have to wear a slip, but I go with a super short slip so you can see my leg silhouette through the dress.

Carolyn and I went to Duane Reade for lunch today which also served as the setting for today's photos. Enjoy!

"Look, I've got a gun out there in my purse....I'm gonna get that gun of mine, and I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot! And don't think I can't do it." --Doralee Rhodes


No comments: