Tues, 9/21: "But I'm Wearing Tights"

Chambray Top:  Found  I  Blazer:  NY&C  I  Shorts:  NY&C  I  Sheer (whoops) Tights:  Duane Reade  I  Wedges:  Steve Madden  I  Necklace:  H&M
Photos:  Carolyn Bayas  I  Picnik Effect:  Reala 400
Location:  Conference Room
Somone asked me this morning "who I thought I was wearing them short shorts."  My reply?  "But I'm wearing tights."   I think I made my point.  Don't you?  

See, after arriving to work, I realized that I mistakenly wore sheer black tights instead of the thicker, show no skin, tights.  So even though, yes, I WAS wearing tights under my "short shorts" and yes I WAS completely covered up on top with TWO long sleeve tops,  I still looked skanky cause you could see skin.  Which whatever, cause come on, lets face it, we all know I've worn worse to work.    However, just to be safe / let my true style schizophrenia through,  I'll be wearing a long sleeve top and big, full skirt to work tomorrow. 

xoxo, katie

2 comments:

melissa rose said...

hahaha I think the sheer tights did the job anyways! Not "skanky" at all.. and actually encourages me to try this same look at work :)

T said...

I can't tell you how many times I have used this line of reasoning with my husband. Hahaha!